Monday, April 7, 2014

Breath the Air and Live

Breathe. The air is fresh. The mountains are cold. Mother Earth is alive and moving, and she has you in her arms for the ride. You, are alive today. Endless opportunities exist for you in life. But sadly, the majority of us fail to see that. We sit at our desks, get our work done, read about other people's amazing lives, and then we go to bed to see our dreams in the easiest way. Why not break free from this never ending cycle? Take those dreams and go through with it. Our lives our too precious to dispose of our abilities at the flip of the switch, that switch being a normal life, a boring life.
But what is normal life? Everyone has responsibilities that we must face, whether that be financial responsibilities, family responsibilities, or personal responsibilities, and within the world we live, it's almost impossible to change it around to such a drastic measure. I measure normal life as waking up to a dull job that pays bills, coming home with a meal in a sack, and going to bed with the knowledge that tomorrow is going to be the same. For most of us, this will be our world. But why? Who says we cannot do what we love to fulfill our responsibilities? 
At the start of college, I had the mindset that engineering would be my career path. I am interested in aviation, I feel I am smart enough for it, and it sure as hell pays bills! Way more than being a commercial pilot, another interest of mine. Engineering seemed to have the first glimpse of instant gratification but as I attended my first engineering oriented class I struggled with one of the hardest questions, where was my drive at? What was it that drew me towards this degree, and what would I be doing in 15 years with it? The only words that came to my mind were guarantee and money. Lots of money. Sure, I was interested in it, but it wasn't me. Thankfully, the same semester I had decided to take a Wildlife Ecology class, and what I took away from it was worth far more than the stability I would receive from engineering. I was inspired. Inspiration engulfed me. The mountains have always been an escape for me, and with the idea that my career could be based within this "office," my spark erupted into a bonfire. 
We CAN do what we love as a career! I read a similar article on this idea on the High Existence page (www.highexistence.com). The author and creator of the page loved spreading his knowledge through writing, and with the right ideas and through basic web advertisement, he made a career out of it, all through his inspiration. Take what you are passionate about and use it. Don't accept the current standard that life is accomplished by careers and jobs that pay the bills. There is more to it! Do what you are good at. I'm not saying it will be easy, I sure as hell know that I will not be living in a mansion at any point soon through government paid jobs, and that's okay with me. If you are passionate enough, life can work in any way you see it. Embrace this concept. You can do what you want! Live life with passion and love. Do not fear the unknown. Know that if you have enough appreciation of Her, Mother Nature will provide. Enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment